Sunday, August 19, 2012

Come to LALA-MON Bakery


I've always passed by this bakery, and every time I saw people buying their breads there, I got curious about what it was about their bread that everyone liked it. Because of this, I wanted to pay a visit to that bakery that I have never been to before.

On my way home, I tried to visit the bakery. The bakery’s name is “LALA-MON” and through the bakery’s name, you can tell it’s very Filipino. When I was about to buy and asked about the bakery, I was lucky to meet the owner of the bakery, Mrs. Reyes. She was tending the front of the house and was gracious to give me a brief history of the year-old restaurant.


Its name is “LALA – MON” because Mrs. Reyes gives her bakery to her eldest son and his wife. They wanted to have a very Filipino name which was very meaningful to them. It is a combination of Mrs. Reyes’ son and daughter in law.

Did you know: Lalamon means "to eat voraciously."

They have been in the industry for 33 years. It started off from a hobby of baking then they decided to put up a bakery until they one by one, they decided to include basic goods in the bakery.


Mrs. Reyes emphasizes that their bakery aims to set high standards and provide high quality products and services to their customer.

Mrs. Reyes introduced me to some of their special products such as Star Bread(putok), Tasty (Loaf bread), Egg Pie and Banana Cake.
                    







I was drawn by their Star Bread and Banana cake. While I was having a taste of their specialties, I saw a lot of people buying dozens and dozens of Star bread. And I must say it’s really different from the putok that other bakeries have. It’s not that sweet, and it has this texture of hard outside while it’s soft and tasty inside. And their Star Bread, it's “siksik.”  After exchanging contact information, and thanking them for a wonderful tour around their bakery and having the chance to taste their specialties, I ordered half a dozen Star Breads and Banana Cakes to go.

Lala - Mon is conveniently located in 101 Asuncion St. Morning Breeze Subdivision, Caloocan City. I will definitely come back, and introduce this bakery to my family and friends. Like me, I know they'll enjoy Lala-Mon’s tasty breads and sweet pastries that is very Filipino food, good for breakfast and most of all, for meriendas. They sell their breads and pastries at reasonable prices.  
            
            Kabayan                                                                             


Other Products

No comments:

Post a Comment